MBBS IN INDIA
- A medical Doctor Profession is the most prestigious job in the world. So competition in this field is very tough and getting a degree is not an easy task.
- We all know that an MBBS degree has immense importance and demand all over the world. The degree is offered by only institutions that are referred as Medical colleges, and they also teach Post graduate and paramedical courses.
- Getting the MBBS degree from India is not an easy task. If you want to get a degree from a government Medical College, you need to clear the entrance exams like All India Institute of Medical Science Entrance Exam and National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- The limited number of seats and colleges makes a tough competition among students. Every year there are 10 lakhs students who write the entrance exams to hold their seats. So the exams are highly competitive. The total number of government seats in India are 19985 and private medical colleges are 23755.
- Fee structure of government medical colleges is largely affordable , the yearly fee is approximately will take Rs 50000 to 2 lakhs. But the problem is that there is a very limited number of government seats in India. But when it comes to private college, students need to spend minimum 50 lakhs to complete their graduation.
- There are a lot of options outside of India. Lots of students who have wished to be doctors but lost the opportunity in India due to lack of money. So they can have use overseas options for their studies in medicine.
MBBS Destination in Ukraine
- The main attraction and benefit of studying MBBS in Ukraine is the low and affordable fee. When it is compared to Indian private colleges, the fee is 70% less there. That is the main reason of high flow of International students to Ukraine. Also there is no donation for getting a seat in the Ukraine university; you can directly apply for the seat no need of any kind of entrance test.
- The medium of instruction in the top universities in Ukraine is English, so language will not be a barrier to international students who wish to pursue their education in Ukraine.
- Before selecting the university to study MBBS you must check whether the university is recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
- The duration of MBBS program in Ukraine is 6 years including the internship programme. Eligibility criteria for applying this course are: students must have at least 50% of secured score in biology, physics and chemistry and also must be 17 years plus in December 31 before admission taking.
- First three years the theory sections will be conducted with some practical experience and the next 3 years they have the practical sections in different hospitals in Ukraine. So it will help you to improve the knowledge level and get the experience from different hospitals.
- University in Ukraine has the hostel facilities. Indian students will get their food in Indian mess and other nationalities will get their own food from their mess. If they want to cook themselves, there are facilities. Most of the hostels are near in colleges so traveling will take around 5 or 10 minutes walking.
- There are lots of Indian student consultancies in Ukraine. So If you need any help, they will assist you.
- Cost of living in Ukraine is comparatively low. We can get grocery and other things like dresses and other stationary items at a cheap rate. Moreover for travelling in government transports like bus & train students will get a travel pass from the universities. So it will take only 50 % less of actual travel price. For international travels also students will get the concession; it will 30 % less than the normal price.
- Here are some options for parents to visit their children on arrival visa; to obtain this visa, you need an invitation(tour visa package). The visa time period is only 15 days.
- Ukraine has lots of universities which are included in the world ranking list.
Here are some of the best universities in Ukraine and their highlights.
Sumy Sate Medical University
- Sumy state university is included in the QS world rank list of top 3% universities in the world and also included in the Time Higher Education World University Ranking. It has the good reputation all over the world.
- So for an Indian student it is the finest destination for doing MBBS. It is the government university and was established in 1948, with the MCI recognized.
- It is the Ukraine’s first higher education institution which passed in 2014 an independent external audit of QS company. They were given the highest point, 5 stars for the categories like teaching, engagement, access and E-learning.
- The library of the year titles was received Sumy university in a All-Ukrainian contest, because of the advanced system in the library management . They provide 3.1 Million items of both hard copy and soft copy.
- Hostel facilities are available. If you want to cook yourself, there are options. Admissions are based on the first come- first serve methods. So the admission process in hostels is quite competitive. They have three building for hostel facilities with the capacity over 1500 students.
Odessa National Medical University
- This is one of the best government universities in the city of Odessa and established in 1900. Now it is the leading university in the Ukraine moreover, it is the member of International Association of Medical Universities with high standards of training. Tuition given in Russian, Ukrainian and English languages.
- This university library is the one of the oldest libraries in the Ukraine, with millions of book copies. Also it has the ancient books of medicine. They electronic library in the university is famous in Ukraine. It contains 65database. It includes all the articles related to medical journals of Ukraine and Russia since 2006.
- Odessa national medical university provides the best hostel facilities for the international students as well as for the local students. According to the facilities in the rooms, cost of the hostel fee can be from 500-1000 dollar. Also they provide the monthly medical checkup for every student to know about their health.
- Approximately 2500 Indian students have graduated in MBBS program from Odessa national medical university. It is the only one university in the Ukraine that has the 91 PG programs in medicine and classes are conducted fully in English medium.
- Compared to other medical universities in Ukraine, Odessa university is the one of the low-cost medical university and also there is no donation for taking admission .
- Students can find that Odessa is the safest place in the Ukraine because it is rated as zero crime rep0rted in Ukraine. Students have the concession for travelling; the university provide travel pass for government buses and train; it will cost 50 % less than the actual price.
Why are Ukraine Medical universities the best when they are compared to China, Philippine, Russia and Georgia
MBBS IN CHINA
- The Language is the main problem for international students in Chinese medical universities. Though they promise international students that they will teach them in English, the teaching staff mainly teach in Chinese language.
- Another problem is that most of the medical colleges do not follow western medical education, they follow the traditional Chinese medicine which is learned by a lineage based medical system from their parents.
- The standard of teaching is poor and students from other countries are restricted to touch the patients, so their practical sessions are allowed in only dummies. When it comes to the internship period language will be very difficult to foreign students.
- Students from other countries find it quite difficult to adapt to the food habits of China.
- The main problem that arises in Russia is that most of the universities teach in Russian Medium. And most of the international students can’t adapt the weather in Russia. In winter season the weather will be – 40 degree and its quite difficult to be bearable.
- Cost of living in Russia is high, so your daily needs are costly. And there is no scholarship for the international students. Teaching is always in classrooms even when you are in your clinical year, so getting the practical knowledge is a dream for many international students.
- Roaming around alone in Russian city is not safe; there is a probability to get attacked or robed by thieves.
- The main problem for getting MD is that one must do a 20 month course: BSBS; after that there is an exam called NMAT. If you don’t clear the exam , you have to wait till next six months.
- Exams are conducted every 6 months only. There are only 3 attempts for clearing the exam. Once you pass the exam only, you can get the seat in MD. Still the problem is that seats are limited so the competition is tough.
- The probability of getting sick very often is quite high as there are frequent rains.
- Even though the infrastructure of many universities is poor, still they accommodate more than the capacity. As a result, most of the students do not get the practical sections. Indian embassy accredited only 36 universities.
- There are only 2 universities that are accredited by Indian embassy advisory. They are Tbilisi State Medical University and Batami Shota Rustaveli State University. But recently India government issued Tbilisi State Medical University certificate not valid in India. Batami Shota Rustaveli State University is quiet expensive for fees
- Georgia is not economically good after the war of Russia. In comparison with Ukraine the infrastructure is not good.